This is a little different than my normal blog posts, but expect a regular blog post later today. So I was nominated for the Liebster award by natalieschriefer. It’s an award that helps you find new blogs to follow, and I think it was really nice. Thank you so much Natalie! The below is copied directly from her blog.
What the heck is the Liebster Award?
In essence, the Liebster Award is a chain letter for bloggers, but unlike its email counterparts, it serves a purpose: the award promotes new blogs (and therefore helps readers discover them). I know it’s a little silly, but all of my writing has been very serious lately and a lighter, sillier topic (like this) is a good change of pace. Besides, who doesn’t love the splash of confidence that accompanies an award nomination?
The rules are as follows:
So now it’s my turn to answer questions!
- How long have you been blogging for? If you count tumblr blogging 4-5 years. If you just count wordpress, then only a few months
- Why did you start blogging? I started tumblr because all my friends were doing it and it looked like fun, and I started wordpress because I wanted a place to explain what I was thinking, and write how I was feeling
- What do you do to relax? I don’t relax, not anymore. I just sleep.
- What’s your favorite travel destination? I’d love to go to England again
- Do you prefer physical books or e-books? Physical books, definitely.
- Did you ever do those chain letter emails? I did when I was a kid
- What do you do when you have writer’s block? I usually don’t write, or I do stream of consciousness writing
- Who is your favorite author? Brandon Sanderson
- What about your favorite genre? Sci -Fi/Fantasy
- What do you prefer to write? (Fiction, poetry, personal essay, articles, etc.) Personal essays and poetry, mostly
- What are you most passionate about? I’m passionate about helping widen access to mental healthcare. I haven’t gotten to do much about it yet, but it’s really what I want to do with my life.
And now for 11 facts about me!
- I’m a cosplayer
- I have a huge Pokemon card collection, and I’m still collecting
- I love to travel, but can’t do it much because of money
- I have a stack of books that I can’t seem to read, even though I want to, and I’m constantly adding to it
- My favorite food is sushi
- My favorite book right now is The Alloy of Law
- I just went to PAX East
- My favorite youtuber is Inthelittlewood (Yogscast Martyn)
- I have one sister
- I’m moving in July
- My favorite movie right now is the new Star Wars
Man, coming up with 11 facts is hard.
I don’t actually know 11 blogs on here. I don’t interact with the community much…I don’t know how to really. So I’m going to nominate my seven followers, and a couple of people who have liked my posts, with the exception of Natalie who has already been nominated. I love you Natalie, but I figure you don’t want to be nominated again.
- J E N N I F E R
- Chris Karl
- facetioussoup aka MLWA
- Musings of a mad woman
- Justice Parker
- Kamala Thompson
- Tony Vega
I don’t know any of these bloggers well, but their blogs are cool, and I’d like to promote them. Please only do this if you want to. There is absolutely no pressure.
- How do you deal with sadness?
- What’s your favorite thing to blog about?
- Have you traveled anywhere exciting?
- Do you like to play video games or board games?
- Favorite animal and why?
- What makes you feel good about yourself?
- What’s a skill you have that you’re proud of?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?
- What do you like to read?
- How long have you been writing?
Thank you again Natalie for nominating me, and I hope this is a fun little exercise for some of my followers!